Simple and easy recipe ideas to use in your Subo bottle!
So you're thinking about buying a Subo bottle but have no idea what to actually use it for?
In this blog we will ensure you get the most out of this amazing product - with recipe ideas for babies, toddlers and older kids too!
First things first - what makes a Subo bottle so special?
It is a 'non-squeezable' food bottle which eliminates meal time mess and helps kids be independent and feed themselves - win win!
A lot of parenting is on the go these days. Subo helps you get healthy, nutritious food into your children, without the cost and waste.
What I love most is that this product lasts your child for many years - just switch up what you put inside as they grow! Keep reading below for some great recipe ideas for every age.
Baby Recipe Ideas:
- Pure Veg Mix: Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Carrot and Spinach
- Berry Delight: Blueberries, Strawberries, yoghurt, kale. Add sterilised water to reach desired thickness.
- Green Smoothie: 1/2 ripe banana, 1/4 avocado, 3/4 cup of milk of choice, 1 cup of baby spinach leaves, 1 cup of frozen mango pieces.
- Protein Packed Smoothie: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup plain yoghurt, mango, raspberries, 6-8 ice cubes. Blend until smooth.
**Recipes for 6 months and up. Please consult with doctor for any questions regarding starting new food groups.
Top Tips for bubs:
Thin any smoothies out with extra water or your milk of choice, particularly when your baby is new to drinking smoothies
Save leftover portions in the fridge for up to 24 hours or pop in the freezer for up to a month
Ensure you also purchase the seperate straw spout. The Subo bottle comes with the 12mm spout, it is recommended to use the straw spout for babies 6months - 2 years old.
The smaller spout is perfect for getting babies used to using the food bottle and avoiding frustration, which can lead to food refusal. The food is close to the spout so they get the hang of the bottle much quicker.
Toddler Recipe Ideas:
- Creamy Vanilla Oats: 1/2 cup of oats, 1 cup of milk of your choice, 2 tsp of chia seeds, 1 tsp of mashed banana, 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract (alcohol-free). Combine ingredients and pop in microwave for 2 mins.
- Peach Pie Smoothie: peaches, bananas, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, cinnamon, vanilla, honey and milk
- Simple Yoghurt - Greek yoghurt with peanut butter and banana or berries
- Blueberry Porridge: Oats, Cinnamon, Vanilla, chia seeds, blueberries. Bring Add all ingredients into a pot and bring to the boil, them simmer for 10 mins.
- Healthy Orange Smoothie: 1 orange peeled and seperated, 3/4 of a cup of sliced peaches, 2 cup of peach yoghurt, 1/2 cup of ice cubes. Blend in blender until smooth.
Benefits of a Subo bottle:
- Super easy to use and clean - it quickly comes apart and easily rinses in warm soapy water. Nowhere for bacteria or mould to hide!
- Designed to last - Subo bottles are made from high quality material and will last many years - it's not one of those baby products that you no longer need after 6 months.
- Saves you money! - Instead of buying costly pouches simply refill your Subo bottle over and over again - either making your own creations or simply filling from large tubs of yoghurt like I often do :)
- Great for the environment - eliminates those throw away plastics going into landfill.
- Most IMPORTANTLY - No mess! We all know the feeling of turning our back for a second when our kids are eating and coming back to a huge clean up job. The Subo food bottle is non-squeezable, putting food directly in your child’s mouth.